The future of homes as envisioned on television shows set in the future is now here!
You’ve heard of smart homes (and IoT). and you’ve probably heard (or even own some) wearable devices. But put them together, and you’ve got a full-on automation experience right in the comfort of your abode.
The interwoven nature of this rising niche in the tech field is indeed a good reason to celebrate. Just think about it. Controlling every aspect of your home from your wristwatch.
Wearable Technology Integration For Your Smart Home
Ever experienced a case of locking yourself out of your house? With a flick and swipe on your smartwatch, you may instantly gain access to your home!
And the intersection of wearable devices versus smart homes doesn’t end there quite yet. Anything that is a part of your smart home, you may control with your wearables. Indeed, this significant step forwards in the dawn of wearable-device-controlled-smart-homes is likely to cause a massive shift (for the better) in the way people live.
With that said, here’s how the wearable devices/smart home scene will potentially look like in the near future:
- You’ll be able to control your home’s environment and safety with your wearable devices.
- Regulate internal home temperature with smart A/C.
- Turn on or off your lights without getting up and walking over to the switch. Also, automated regulation of lighting in your home will be the norm.
- Smart home surveillance will pave the way for future home security.
- Home monitoring will be a breeze.
- House chores will mostly be done by robots.
And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the ultimate potential of the smart home.